Thursday, January 10, 2008

I cannot

I cannot begin to handle the second post, but regarding the first:

that neck tie!!!!

#2,#3,#5,#6,#10. Steve, you have this way of expressing indifference that is so life-affirming. I remember it from back in the day when I actually used to speak with you in real life. Usually this is a quality found in slackers of the highest order, but you are a legitimate work horse. Nice contrast my friend. Also, I forgot how I lent my copy of Into the Wild to a friend in 2000. He never gave it back, nor does he speak to me. He hates me I think. His name if you must know is Johnny. I stayed at his house once when I was 'in a fight' with my boyfriend, Ben. They lived in Whitewater, Wisconsin. We were all in college. I thought they were both sweet and vulnerable at the time. In hindsight, they were sort of cruel. Moving on. I would like that book back. The book is excellent. The movie is a piece of garbage. Or at least pretty bad. They take Jon Krakauer right out of it. Or Sean Penn does I guess. Jon's narrative IS the book, the story, the tension and philosophical lens through which all of the events are considered. Sean replaces this with the younger sister's musings.

I have lost a number of books, but I have found a great deal more. My friend Chris used give me books here and there. Once, I was like: stop buying these at an expensive bookstore; I can get them across the street at Magers & Quinn (used bookstore in Minneapolis (now I am sentimental)). He was like, I don't buy them.* This is how I acquired THE COSSACKS, for example.

* http://www.bordersstores.com/stores/store_pg.jsp?storeID=27

1 comment:

wagenseller said...

hey, when the hell will anybody get to read the american apparel v. entourage throwdown?

and how do you make a post on this thing? and who the fuck took my necco wafers?