Monday, November 26, 2007

How I Wrote Certain of My Books

How is Swann's Way coming?... And the Brothers K?... are you reading the Pevear and Volokhonsky trans? He seems to catch a lot of shit, but it's hard for me to say if the criticism is warranted. It probably is, but I liked their Notes from Underground. Sandra did not care for the translation of "The Lady with the Little Dog." As you (Steve) recall, we rewrote it for her class. I read over my rendition the other day and was disappointed. I was trying to draw out some kind of unfelt drama and make it... felt. It was not a success. At any rate, this is one of my interview questions. Please be patient, the full interview is coming soon. I am reading FOUCAULT: A Very Short Introduction. I love this series. Sorry. Sorry. Next I will tackle SCHIZOPHRENIA: A Very Short Introduction. Then, FREE WILL... but, first: 'What is an Author?' More soon. My boss just called. - abbi

No comments: